Seems like this blog post is actually weekly late. From Sep 20 through to the 26 during 2009 it had been National Singles Week. Inside the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Kansas began this observance which comes from the third complete few days of September. It was started initially to
… know that lots of single People in america you should never recognize aided by the phrase “single” as they are parents, have lovers or tend to be widowed.
Here are a few recent fascinating insights and data on singles in the usa:
- There are now 95.9 million single people in the U.S. that happen to be 18 years or earlier. This is why right up 43% of all of the adults. (from 2008)
- 53 percent among these singles are women
- 61 % of these singles do not have been hitched prior to. 24 per cent have-been divorced and an additional 15 % had been widowed.
- Seniors (65+) make up 15.8 million of adult singles which 16 per cent having not ever been hitched.
- 11.6 million of person singles are moms and dads coping with their children, 9.8 million tend to be ladies.
For the complete fact sheet regarding the Unmarried and Single People in america Week, visit the U.S. Census Bureau.